Northeast Generator is a leading generator sales and service provider to homes and businesses throughout Connecticut and Westchester, NY. We are authorized dealers of major generator brands able to provide a turnkey solution including town permit processing, fuel installation support, electric installation, generator delivery, installation and start-up. We also provide preventive maintenance and emergency repair services.
We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Northeast Generator does not discriminate in any aspect of its employment practices against any qualified applicant or employee on account of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status. We encourage you to send us your resume if you are interested in pursuing a career with us.
To all recruitment agencies: Northeast Generator does not accept unsolicited agencies’ resumes and asks that you do not forward resumes to Northeast Generator employees, any physical Northeast Generator location, or any Northeast Generator email address. We take no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Listed below you can find the current NEG career opportunities. Please apply here!
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Northeast Generator Co. is looking for generator technicians in the tri-state area. Must have troubleshooting experience in engines and fuel systems. Generator or electrical knowledge or experience a plus. Must be mechanically inclined, have a professional attitude, excellent customer relations and dedication to include PM service on 25KW and under. Responsibilities will increase with experience to include such duties as outage call troubleshooting, towable rental hook-ups, repairs, load bank and building load tests. Potential for overtime and on-call bonus. Technicians operate company-owned vans and trucks. We cover Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island and New Jersey. Normal operating hours are 7:00-3:30pm and are subject to customer needs.
- Perform all necessary duties pertaining to preventative maintenance and repair for generators, engines, transfer Switches, fire pumps and all related components and/or equipment
- Perform all duties in accordance with Northeast Generator standards and procedures pertaining to: preventative maintenance, time and material, quoted, shop, sales and on-call job types
- Operate and maintain a Northeast Generator issued vehicle in accordance with the company policy and procedure
- Maintain and operate Northeast Generator issued tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner
- Record and maintain all required and necessary generator Set, specific part, location, etc. information while onsite
- Maintain complete customer service in accordance with customer interaction training
- Technical writing including 23-pt checklist, completing work orders, customer reports and load bank sheets
- Any other duties and/or projects may be assigned at anytime
Skills / Requirements:
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- High School diploma preferred but not required
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to obtain an elevated understanding of processes, procedures and responsibilities performed by direct reports
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, working in small spaces and/or various heights, work in all climates and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment